But seriously, if Myrtle was still alive, I still don't think he would have left Daisy. I think Tom would be too stubborn to let Daisy win and allow her to fall in love with Gatsby or anybody else.
I don't think Tom would ever leave Daisy for Myrtle. Tom would be looked down upon for leaving Daisy. It wasn't socially acceptable back then to get a divorce, it was a big deal. Myrtle would also have to leave her husband in order to be with Tom. Also I think Tom likes Daisy more then Myrtle, cause as soon as Myrtle started to taunt Tom about Daisy he punched her.
I don't think that Tom would leave Daisy for Myrtle, even if Myrtle was alive. I believe that Tom enjoys having the ability to be with two women at the same time without any consequences. He knows that the only person that could oppose him is Gatsby, and Tom knows that he holds power over him. He believes so highly that Gatsby will not do anything about his relationship that he sends Daisy and Gatsby to go home together without fear.
I don't believe Tom would leave Daisy for Myrtle. Tom seems to be too much in love with Daisy to leave her even for his other lover Myrtle. Also, now that Tom has found out that Daisy and Gatsby still love each other he seems to be very jealous which shows that he still loves Daisy.
I agree with the other comments that Tom would not have left Daisy for Myrtle. Tom seems to want control over both women and wouldn't leave one for the other unless he was forced to. If he had to leave one it would be Myrtle because I think he Daisy is more important to him overall. Also, it would create more trouble to leave Daisy considering that they are married, have a kid, and live together.
Tom would not leave Daisy for Myrtle. Myrtle doesn't have any money, and is of lower class than Daisy. Also, Daisy has a child that is his. He also seems to want to show control over Daisy, since he knows that she is in love with Gatsby. He definitely would not want her to go to Gatsby if he knew where his money came from. He would want Daisy to have legitimate money.
I don't think he would leave Daisy for a dead person.
ReplyDeleteWhy? I think they would make a great couple. He would just have to carry her corpse everywhere and that would kinda be a drag.
DeleteBut seriously, if Myrtle was still alive, I still don't think he would have left Daisy. I think Tom would be too stubborn to let Daisy win and allow her to fall in love with Gatsby or anybody else.
ReplyDeleteI don't think Tom would ever leave Daisy for Myrtle. Tom would be looked down upon for leaving Daisy. It wasn't socially acceptable back then to get a divorce, it was a big deal. Myrtle would also have to leave her husband in order to be with Tom. Also I think Tom likes Daisy more then Myrtle, cause as soon as Myrtle started to taunt Tom about Daisy he punched her.
ReplyDeleteI don't think that Tom would leave Daisy for Myrtle, even if Myrtle was alive. I believe that Tom enjoys having the ability to be with two women at the same time without any consequences. He knows that the only person that could oppose him is Gatsby, and Tom knows that he holds power over him. He believes so highly that Gatsby will not do anything about his relationship that he sends Daisy and Gatsby to go home together without fear.
ReplyDeleteI don't believe Tom would leave Daisy for Myrtle. Tom seems to be too much in love with Daisy to leave her even for his other lover Myrtle. Also, now that Tom has found out that Daisy and Gatsby still love each other he seems to be very jealous which shows that he still loves Daisy.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the other comments that Tom would not have left Daisy for Myrtle. Tom seems to want control over both women and wouldn't leave one for the other unless he was forced to. If he had to leave one it would be Myrtle because I think he Daisy is more important to him overall. Also, it would create more trouble to leave Daisy considering that they are married, have a kid, and live together.
ReplyDeleteTom would not leave Daisy for Myrtle. Myrtle doesn't have any money, and is of lower class than Daisy. Also, Daisy has a child that is his. He also seems to want to show control over Daisy, since he knows that she is in love with Gatsby. He definitely would not want her to go to Gatsby if he knew where his money came from. He would want Daisy to have legitimate money.
ReplyDelete